Nothing is LESS free market than our military-industrial, oil-car-corporate, bank-on-dole economy the GOP sucks up to.
I tweeted this following a long – for Twitter – discussion that typically pitted reason on the left against smoke from the right. It is time to start framing our rhetoric accurately. None of the freedom conservatives say they want is in today’s economy. Conservatives are defending the most government-centric society you can imagine. They simply want to cherry-pick who gets the gravy. If it’s military-industrial, oil-car corporate and bank-friendly, it gets a pass. That is where GOP pay comes from. If it is the result of this huge welfare capitalism, a mass of Americans reeling and on the hook to these very same forces, well, the devil take the hindmost. The last laugh will be administered by an impatient Deity who is stretching at the moment in preparation for another summer and fall of gorgeous weather that the media will describe as once in a century. We would not want to get Chevron’s nose out of joint now, would we? Oppose!
- AUMF Hunger Strike Called to Demand Repeal of 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force PL 107-40 (prweb.com)
- $2 Trillion US Underground Economy Is the Free Market Striking Back? (sgtreport.com)
- Who Won? the 93% or the 7%? Why? (globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com)
- The Corruption of Capitalism in America (cobdencentre.org)
- Bug the Establishment (lewrockwell.com)
- Fraud Waste and Abuse: Congress funds Military Hardware the Army Doesn’t Want (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- Is Lockheed Martin funding ‘drone outrage’? (charliedavis.blogspot.com)
- The military industrial complex threatens us all, as the MoD is setting out to prove by demanding aid cash (taxresearch.org.uk)