From EvilBible.com comes the following litany of Jesus’s lies. They are in italics. I have appended a few remarks to each.
1) And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)
This has to do with the inner capacity to apply will to reality. It is a way of saying we are in control. That we are seems evident by the largely uncontrolled things that we clearly cause, to great detriment. It would be best if we controlled with some sense of partnership with Abba.
2) Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8 NAB)
Same general theme here. Giving when we ask is the way Abba chooses to answer when we pray. And so forth. It does not mean we can control reality entirely but it most certainly means we are not pawns of fate.
3) Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20 NAS)
What does this mean? It means that movements of any sort can work and that movements animated by awareness of Abba and Abba’s Way are to be desired. They do things like end slavery and segregation and extend human rights and justice. Vastly more effective than lone ventures or movements propelled by various others who need not be named. Jesus is talking about Abba-empowered community.
4) Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25 NAB)
I suppose new age sorts would call this simple visualization. I shy from that reduction of what is said here. I am more inclined to believe that Abba wishes us to take on large and significant aims and projects.
5) And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9-13 NAB)
If one understands that this is about mobilizing the will, this is not substantially different than what the crypto-athiest Nietzsche maintains in Zarathustra. It comes to the same thing. Jesus is trying to turn lemmings proactive and the New Testament is testimony to the difficulty of that endeavor.
6) And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14 NAB)
This to me is an example of creedal messianism in the New Testament. The NT is an ex post facto statement of largely creedal statements and our access to the actual words of Jesus is hardly assured.
7) If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. (John 15:7 NAB)
I prefer to believe that the gist of Jesus is that Abba is within us and available to us and that he, Jesus, manifests Abba’s Way. That is not to say he had any desire to be worshipped or for a religion to be built around him.
8) It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. (John 15:16 NAB)
Creedal as well.
9) On that day you will not question me about anything. Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete. (John 16:23-24 NAB)