Jesus is God’s answer to the problems of suffering, for in him sin and death are overcome.
This witness is found throughout Scripture from Genesis to Revelation. Only as we understand the roots of overcoming in Jesus Christ can we face our own destiny and global destiny with a proper perspective, secure in our knowledge of God’s grace and the calling of the believing community.
And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry on account of their taskmasters; I know their sorrows.
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
1. From the foundation the relationship has been there. The Lord sees our affliction and responds.
2. But even with evidence of God’s rule, people do not understand and God acts to ensure that we are aware of Abba within us, described and mediated by Jesus.
3. It is through the gift of Abba within described by and embodied in Jesus that we finally overcome. This is the ultimate expression of God’s rule. This is God’s way of telling each of us that there is a reality within that is capable of bringing us to the very fullness of life. Personally, socially, globally.
4. When we accept the good news Jesus brings — that Abba is truly at hand and that we need merely believe this good news and accept it — we are then able to recognize and accept Abba and the grace and spirit within ourselves. God’s rule in us. This alone gives rise to obedience, community and evangelical outreach.
5. Through eyes of faith we can see the reality so wonderfully stated in Revelation 21:4: No more death, no more pain, the former things are passed away.
trying to rule
in any and all areas,
knowing we overcome
In tune with Abba on a crowded street
We look for him in every passing face
And yes light shines in everyone we meet
The light of Abba this amazing grace